Thursday, April 10, 2014

{REVIEW} YACON SYRUP --- BETTER ALTERNATIVE

Now as I may not have any sort of condition or disease (and would like to stay that way) I can be very mindful of what goes into my body (sortof). Ok lets face it I am "sometime-ish" about my health. I try to exercise and also try to make sure what I eat and what I give my family to eat is pretty healthy.

So my mom recently told me about an uncle who passed away from diabetes and she thinks that it could be in our family so watch I need to what I eat. I am glad however to say I have really never had a sweet tooth (thankfully no cavities either). But as my mom said, I need to be mindful and try to cut back where necessary. I was given the opportunity to test out Pure Yacon Syrup from Quality Encapsulations for free and having a little prior knowledge about the syrup I knew it was a sugar alternative but thats it.


Of course I would really have to taste for myself whether or not it is a true sugar alternative when it comes to taste. My first taste was in my tea, was a bit skeptical because my tea needs to have a certain taste for me to able to finish it. For a regular cup of tea I added 1 teaspoon of Yacon Syrup and there was no difference. It tasted just the same maybe even a tad bit better than if I added sugar. My second taste test was in my oatmeal which I eat everyday before work. So I ordered my oatmeal as normal (oatmeal with cinnamon - sugar & milk on the side). I added again a teaspoon of Yacon syrup and again there was no difference in the taste.

This was something I was really beginning to enjoy so I decided to share it with my co worker who is actually diabetic. She told me that she uses maple sugar to tend to her sugar cravings and I invited her to try the Yacon Syrup. This is also when I told her of the benefits which I learned about after consulting with my Dr.:



  • Aides in weight loss
  • Regulates blood sugar levels
  • Increase metabolism
  • Aides in detox cleansing of the digestive system
  • Used alone or used in cooking
  • Low Calories

Yacon Syrup is now a staple in my house. As much as I still have sugar in there and wont impose it on the rest of the guys, it is my go to choice for a lot of my dishes. It is actually great when making brown stew chicken, which is great because it keeps me full longer now. It is also free of milk, egg, shellfish, peanuts, wheat, soy and gluten - so that takes care of the persons with allergies (thumbs up).

You can purchase it here on Amazon and you can buy with confidence..

Is this a product for you?

9 comments:

  1. Very good review packed with information! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it... It was pretty new for me also so it took me a while to do the review..

      Delete
  2. A sweetener with health benefits sounds great to me as long as it does not change the taste of my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesnt.. and the good thing is who can add as much as you like... or drink directly..

      Delete
  3. That is awesome that it tasted the same in your tea, that is a really great test! I am all for healthy things but if doesn't taste good I know I won't use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very keen on healthy eating since a lot of it doesnt taste the best. But this caught me by surprise...

      Delete
  4. Interesting. My husband has diabetes. I need to check this out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh interesting! I haven't heard of a healthy sweetener until now, I'd be interested to try. Do you know if it's only a liquid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I am not sure....I will be looking into it

      Delete