Sunday, April 13, 2014

{BOOK REVIEW} -- HAVEN by D.C Akers

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

To begin the Haven Series Collection (Books 1 & 2) was absolutely captivating. Nothing could've prepared me for the turns and twists that were about to come forth. I got this series to try complimentary and after reading the description below, I was already drawn in:
Known as a place of refuge, Haven is a sanctuary for those with supernatural abilities. Decades of peace between the Witches, Vampires, Goblins, Elves, and Orcs is coming to an end. Now the once tranquil world is shrouded in deception and corruption. Dark secrets tear at the very fabric of their alliance, giving way to an evil that stirs in the shadows. Exhilarating and utterly gripping, the HAVEN series is an action-packed journey full of suspense, magic, mystery, and intrigue.

 Book 1  A Stranger Magic -- tells us about Sam Dalcome and his life (a life in which he doesn't necessarily love or understand). He is a young teenager who is a loner except for that one friend (Travis) who shares more than just being outcast. They both have lost parents so they stick together because of this bond. Although Sam has his sister Sarah (who is attractive and popular) and mother Alisa (who works double shifts often) it is still difficult for him to fit in. After having a weird dream one night he sees a mysterious stranger lurking outside his home. This is when the mystery really begins. Between trying to find out who this stranger is and why is he here and just being a normal kid, things take a turn for the worse. Join Sam on his journey and learn about his life, his family & their secret.

Book 2 Revenge of the Viper -- this is an epic continuation of Book 1 because slowly as the secrets unfold. The Haven, is a world where witches, vampires, orcs, elves and recently goblins live in peace in order to save their world and their kind. But all that might just be coming to an end now that Vipers are on earth and after the Dalcomes. Questions will now linger ... Who are the Dalcomes? What is to come of the Haven? Sam, Sarah, Alisa & Travis are now in for a rude and disturbing awaking on life as their once knew it.

Be captivated by the mystery, the magic & the danger in those books. D.C. Akers is an amazing author with a wide and vivid imagination that brings the Haven to life as you read. D.C Akers takes you into his world as you read and the books flow so easily from one to the next.

Buy the series or each book separately on Amazon here:
Book 1 - A Stranger Magic
Book 2 - Revenge of the Viper
Haven - Series Collection - 2 Book Set

Hope this book is able to take you on a supernatural journey like it did me.. You wont be disappointed..

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

16 comments:

  1. tweeted for you as I am not a reader
    https://twitter.com/kj20082006/status/455778705692835840

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new authors to read and would be happy to give this series a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.. and after reading I was happy to be able to give it to one of my readers..

      Delete
  3. I'm anxious to read this one. Sounds like one I won't be able to put down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a fan of TMI - Mortal Instruments or even Lord of the Rings then you will absolutely be elated while reading this

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good read! Also tweeted your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a book that I would enjoy. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good book that I think everyone should read..

      Delete
  6. yes i am my sons name is haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm I think I'll be making a trip to the library. . .Great book review, I feel hooked already.

    ReplyDelete