Sunday, February 23, 2014

Easy Nail Art St. Lucian Style



  
HAPPY 35TH INDEPENDENCE TO ST. LUCIA


St. Lucia - the Helen of the West Indies.. we celebrated our 35th Independence this past Saturday February 22nd, 2014. I am not in St. Lucia to celebrate but I am a proud St. Lucian to the bone and at heart. I wanted to find a quick way to represent my island in a cute manicure but not making it loud (ideal for work). This is what I came up with.


So this is what I used: 3 clear nail enamels (base coat, top coat & strengthener), blue, yellow, black and white nail polish (colors of my flag) and a toothpick (mine is what I use to add rhinestones, not sure what it is actually called but a toothpick works just fine). Make sure nails are clean and have been buffed so that the nail polish lay better and obviously look better.
Choose whatever brands you like and this style can be switched with the colors you like also

Nice clean and buffed nails to start
Apply your base coat then 2 coats of your base color - make sure it looks rich and stands out


 We are now going to apply one strip of each color diagonally across the nail (as pictured). Then apply one coat of the top coat over the applied strips of color and now use your toothpick to make several 'S' lines starting from the bottom of the first color to the top of the last color. This will cause the colors to bleed into each other. When dry apply your strengthener so that it can last.
This is the design that you should achieve

HOPE YOU LIKE :-)

Disclaimer - None of the products pictured were given complimentary, they are my own and can be substituted to your liking.





7 comments:

  1. love the nail art so cool I could never pull it off but yours look great thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin.. think you should give it a try.. dabble with the colors a bit.. it is pretty simple so I am glad to share

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great! I am so not creative when it comes to doing my nails haha. Thank you for linking up at the MaMade Blog Hop! I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You hun.. Was not the greatest weekend... but God is good.. I hope you are able to create beautiful styles on your nails also..

      Delete
  4. I love that blue polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Sinful Colors have any amazing variety.. you should try them...:-)

      Delete