Sunday, February 16, 2014

HELP!! This is All About Hair

PHASE ONE - Research

Over the last weekend I have been doing lots of research on how to get started on strengthening, growing and maintaining my hair. I am not one to stick to my hair care regime but I am going to attempt it for at least 6 months. Now the first thing you have to know is that I am Black/African-St.Lucian/African-American, however you want to say it and I am not mixed with any other race. Second is that my hair has been relaxed, bleached, colored, weaved, braided, over relaxed, cut and shaved (so you can say it has been through it all).

After much research (which I am going to share with you) I have come up with an array of ideas that I am going to use in my quest. And I am looking forward to hearing what you think.. :-)
So I have now started mixing oils... castor oil as the main oil then vitamin e, argon oil, jojoba oil and tea tree oil.. now a couple of reasons why I need all those oils:
  • Castor Oil to promote hair growth and thickening 
  •  Vitamin E to promote longer, stronger & healthier hair
  • Argon Oil to nourish dry hair & help manage over stressed hair
  • Jojoba Oil to combat breakage & shedding
  • Tea Tree Oil to use on dry, itchy scalp & re-hydrate the scalp


So my plan is to combine all these oils into an empty plastic bottle with a nozzle end so that application can be easy. I would apply the night before liberally all over my scalp and then massage. Applying more where necessary (thinning edges or nape etc). Then shampoo and condition in the morning.

Lets see how it goes.. Will update my results as I go along.. Wish me luck..

Search Engine Submission - AddMe